Marriage Registration In Dehradun
Marriage Registration In Dehradun.The Supreme Court of India, in 2006, made it mandatory to register all marriages. In India, a marriage can either be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable to Hindus, whereas the Special Marriage Act is applicable to all citizens of India irrespective of their religion. The Hindu Marriage Act provides for registration of an already solemnised marriage, and does not provide for solemnisation of a marriage by a Marriage Registrar. However, the Special Marriage Act provides for solemnisation of a marriage as well as registration by a Marriage Officer. To be eligible for marriage in India, the minimum age is 21 years for males and 18 years for females.
Best Marriage Registration In Dehradun
A marriage can be solemnized between any two Hindus if the following conditions are fulfilled, namely:
- If neither party has a spouse living at the time of the marriage,
- If neither party is incapable of giving a valid consent to it in the consequence of unsoundness of mind,
- Though capable of giving a valid consent, neither of them has been suffering from any mental disorder or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the procreation of children,
- If neither of them has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity or epilepsy.
- The bride has completed the age of 18 years and the bridegroom the age of 21 years at the time of marriage,
- The parties aren’t within the degrees of prohibited relationship, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two,
- The parties are not a lineal ascendant of the other (sapindas), unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two.
Eligibility to Get Marriage Registration Certificate:-
For following are the eligibility criteria for obtaining marriage registration certificate in Dehradun:
- Groom must be 21 years old and the bride must be 18 years old.
- Bridegroom or bride must not have a wife or husband.
- Bride and groom must be able to voluntarily give consent for marriage.
- Bridegroom or bride who cannot voluntarily give consent for marriages owing to mental illness are not eligible for marriage.
- Bridegroom or bride who are capable of giving consent but incapable of getting child owing to unsound mind cannot be given marriage registration certificate.
- Those suffering from insanity are ineligible.
- Bride and groom must not be within degree of prohibited relationship.
Marriage Registration In Dehradun.