Court Marriage In Azamgarh
Court Marriage In Azamgarh.Court Marriage in India has a common procedure, which has to be followed by every couple. If a marriage is not registered with any court registrar then the marriage will not be consider valid during legal procedures such as, applying for a joint home loan, Visa.A court marriage keeps things simple and economical. Whatever be the reason, it is important to know the court marriage procedure before taking the plunge.Even parties of the same religion may, however, choose a court marriage over rituals and ceremonies.
Best Court Marriage In Azamgarh
Eligibility for court marriage
Individuals from any religion can opt for a court marriage. The law is clear about it. You can belong to the same religion or two different religions. It does not affect the process of court marriage.
Moreover, the law says that any two persons can get married under this act. The condition is they should fulfill the eligibility criteria. This means that it is not compulsory to be an Indian citizen for getting married under this Act.
Both the bride and the groom must fulfill the following conditions.
- They should not have a living husband/wife at the time of marriage.
- They should not be incapable of giving consent due to unsound mind.
- Even if they can give consent, they should not have a mental disorder which makes them unfit for marriage or having children.
- They must not suffer from insanity or epilepsy.
- The bride should be at least 18 years old and the groom at least 21.
- Both parties must not be within prohibited relationship with each other.
What documents do we need for a court marriage?
For going through a court marriage procedure, you need the following documents.
- Application form filled and signed by both the bride and the groom.
- Receipt of payment of fee.
- Separate affidavits from bride and groom. They need affidavits for DOB, marital status, and relationship with each other.
- 2 attested passport sized photos (each) of the bride and the groom.
- Copy of divorce decree/order or death certificate (if applicable).
- Proof of date of birth (DOB) such as copies of matriculation certificate or passport.
- Proof of stay in the particular district for more than 30 days. You can submit documents like Ration Card or a report from the local SHO.
Court Marriage In Azamgarh.