Court Marriage In Lucknow
Court Marriage In Lucknow.Court marriage procedure is common across India. It is made possible — and subsequently governed by — the Special Marriage Act, 1954, which provides for marriage by civil ceremony between parties belonging to different religions. Even parties of the same religion may, however, choose a court marriage over rituals and ceremonies.Court marriages are solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Court marriage can be performed between an Indian male and a female irrespective of their caste, religion or creed. It can also be solemnized between an Indian and a foreigner. The procedure of the Court marriages does away with the rituals and ceremonies of the traditional marriages. The parties can directly apply to the Marriage Registrar for performance & registration of marriage and grant of marriage certificate.
Best Court Marriage In Lucknow
COURT MARRIAGE: CONDITIONS
No Previous Marriage Valid: Neither party should have a living husband or wife. Any previous marriage should no longer be valid.
Valid Consent: Both parties should be competent to give valid consent. The parties should be capable of speaking their mind and entering into marriage of their own will.
Age: The male must have completed 21 years and the female 18 years of age.
Fit for Procreation: Neither of party should be unfit for procreation of children.
Prohibited Relationship: Parties should not be within degrees of prohibited relationship as provided in Schedule I; however, if the customs and traditions of the religion of any one of the parties permit so, then it shall be valid.
PROCEDURE OF MARRIAGE WHEN BOTH PARTIES ARE HINDUS
- The parties have to file a Notice of Intended Marriage in the specified form to the Marriage Registrar of the district in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given.
- The notice is then published/put-up by the Registrar of Marriage inviting objections, if any.
- After the expiration of 30 days from the date on which notice of intended marriage has been published, the marriage may be solemnized unless it has been objected by any person.
- The marriage may be solemnized at the specified Marriage Office.
- Both parties along with three witnesses are required to be present on the date of registration/Solemnization.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR COURT MARRIAGE
- Application form in the prescribed format with the prescribed fee
- Passport Size Photographs of Marrying Persons
- Residential Proof of Marrying Persons.
- Date of Birth Proof of Marrying Persons.
- Residential Proof and PAN Card of Three Witnesses
- Death certificate or divorce decree whichever is applicable, in case one of the parties had any marriages in the past.
Court Marriage In Lucknow.