Marriage Registration In Haridwar
Marriage Registration In Haridwar.The Indian Special Marriage Act 1954 permits marriages between persons who are not of the same community or who have different religions or nationalities. The scope of the Act includes the entire territory of India and extends to intending spouses who are both Indian nationals living abroad.The groom must be at least 21 years old, while the bride must be at least 18 years of age. Both parties should have full mental capacity and not be currently married. Parties to the marriage must provide notice of their intention to solemnize the marriage before a marriage officer in the district where at least one of the parties has resided for at least 30 days prior to the notice. Notice of the intended marriage is entered into the Marriages Notice Book, which is open for public inspection with an inspection fee. The public has the right to object to the marriage for the following 30 days. Any objections must be investigated and resolved within an additional 30 days.
Best Marriage Registration In Haridwar
- For solemnization of marriage, presence of both parties is required after submission of documents of issuance of notice of intended marriage
- A copy of the notice is pasted on the office notice board by the ADM.
- Any person may within 30 days of issue of notice,file objection to the intended marriages. In such a case, the SDM shall not solemnise the marriage until he has decided the objection, within 30 days of its receipt.
- If the ADM refuses to solemnise the marriage, any of the parties may file an appeal within 30 days to the District Court. In case no objection is received, the ADM solemnises the marriage after 30 days of the notice.
- Both parties alongwith 3 witnesses are required to be present on the date of solemnisation of marriage. It is advisable to submit names of witnesses atleast one day in advance.
A) Hindu Marriage Act
Verification of all the documents is carried out on the date of application and a day is fixed and communicated to the parties for registration. On the said day, both parties, alongwith a Gazetted Officer who attended their marriage, need to be present before the ADM. The Certificate is issued on the same day
B) Special Marriage Act
Both parties are required to be present after submission of documents for issuance of public notice inviting objections. One copy of notice is pasted on the notice board of the office and copy of the notice is sent by registered post to marriage officer of the area where either of the parties having present/permenent address. Registration is done 30 days after the date of notice after deciding any objection that may have been received during that period by the ADM. Both parties alongwith three witnesses are required to be present on the date of registration/Solemenzation. For filing objection, register is available with the Dealing Assistant in the office of ADM(S).
Marriage Registration In Haridwar.